As a registered childminder I aim to provide the highest quality childcare for all children in my care. I hope that you are happy with the service that I provide, but I appreciate there may be times when you may feel I am not offering you and your child the service that you require. I hope that you will feel able to discuss any concerns or issues that you may have with me directly.
If you would rather not talk in front of your child, we can arrange a more convenient time, for example in the evening or at the weekend.
Contact me either in person or by telephone on 01404 46202 or 07557021177 to make arrangements.
It is a requirement of Ofsted that all written complaints relating to the Early Years and Childcare Register requirements are logged, along with the outcome and any action taken. These records must be available to show a Childcare Inspector if required.
I will record the following:
- The name of the person making the complaint.
- The nature of the complaint.
- The date and time of the complaint.
- Action taken in response to the complaint.
- The outcome of any investigation e.g. measures taken to improve the service.
- Details of information and findings given to the person making the complaint. These will have been provided within 28 days of the complaint, including any action taken.
I will keep a summary of the complaint to provide, on request, to the parent of any child for whom I act as a childminder and also Ofsted. This summary will not include the name of the person making the complaint. Records will be kept for 3 years.
If you feel that you are unable to talk to me or that, after talking, the matter remains unresolved then you can talk in confidence to Ofsted Complaints and Investigation Unit on 0300 123 4666 (calls can be made confidentially), or write to OFSTED complaints, Piccadilly Gate Store Street Manchester M1 2WD Website: www.ofsted.gov.uk/parents
If you have any concerns, I will be happy to meet and discuss them with you.